Keyboard question

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ddkkpp, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

how do you get the keyboard to automatically flip back to letters once you've put in a symbol/punctuation/etc... I swear it used to do that. Now I keep typing on the keyboard with the numbers and always have to switch back...!?

2. bmac89, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016

bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

If you press and hold the .?123 button while typing symbols / punctuation / numbers and then release when your finished typing it flips back to abc keyboard.

Hope that helps.

3. AliceFrost macrumors newbie

I noticed this change as well, along with tweaks to the return function within the emoji keyboard (defaulting to where you left it, not your most-recent), some changes in autocorrect for words I use regularly, as well as some weird stuff around B and N and keyboard - I end up with a LOT of period-space-new-sentence when there's a B or N in the middle of a word :S

4. ddkkpp thread starter macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

Cool tip!! Thanks for that, it kind of helps, but to use it I need both my fingers on the screen at once... hard to do the "..."

It seems to flip back once you hit space as well...

How do you get the yellow suggested emoji's as well?

Just noticing that the space after symbol seems inconsistent as well, only working after more than one punctuation symbol in a row... so weird!!!

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's mostly something in Safari and not in other places. Seems like a bug which will hopefully be fixed by Apple sometime sooner rather than later.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As mentioned, this is a Safari only bug. Apple is aware of it. I've made them aware since beta 7 and every time each new build is released.