Keyboard question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kgdg, Apr 12, 2009.

1. kgdg macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I am about to order the new mini.
    Just had a quick question about the keyboard.
    I am going to be putting the mini next to my windows desktop.
    I want to be able to share the keyboard with both machines.
    My windows desktop doesn't have BT, the mini does.
    So if I get the Logitech Dinovo Edge for Mac keyboard, i know it will work out of the box with the mini.
    1) But I will have to purchase a USB-BT receiver for the windows desktop correct?
    2) So if above is correct, i suppose there shouldn't be any issues with pairing the dinovo edge up to both the mini and the windows m/c simultaneously?
    In other words, i should be able to change the input on the monitor to the mac and just continue using the keyboard on the mac and switch back to the windows without pairing/re-paring correct?
    3) I suppose any USB-BT receiver will work, i dont have to get the logitech version?

Thanks
    KG

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Do not think your idea would work.
    1) Doubt that the BT keyboard can be paired with 2 computers at the same time.
    2) If pairing with two receivers works, you would end up typing on both computers at the same time!
    I think you might have to look at a keyboard switch for help.

3. capo64 macrumors member

If both computers will be connected to the same network simultaneously, check out Synergy:
    http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Cross-platform, open source application that allows you to share keyboards between multiple computers.

4. wbtlevi macrumors newbie

Either get a USB KVM or use something like Synergy. Bluetooth can't be paired between two computers at the same time.

5. kgdg thread starter macrumors newbie

I know about Synergy, but if not via BT, how would I use the kb with the windows m/c even with Synergy? (I mean h/w wise, how would the kb connect to the windows m/c?)