Keyboard recommendation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Katieg-fm, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Katieg-fm macrumors member

I am looking at buying a wireless keyboard. I want to be able to use it with my Mac Mini set up attached to my TV in my living room. I also want to be able to use it with my iPad and iPhone when I need a keyboard with them.

I have considered the Apple wireless keyboard and the magic trackpad with the twelve south magic wand connector bar As that seems it would make it easy to use both devices from my couch. However I am concerned about battery life and having to change the batteries and connecting and disconnecting from the magic wand in order to change the batteries.

The other option I have been considering is the Logitech solar powered wireless keyboard for Mac which also looks like a great keyboard with no battery issue since it charges wirelessly, however they don't have a Matching trackpad and the magic one would not connected Apple trackpad to it so I would be stuck with two separate devices using on my couch which I'm concerned about not being easy to handle. I do like the fact that the Logitech keyboard has the easy toggling between three different devices which is not available on the Apple version.

Price is not a concern. Does anyone have any suggestions on which combo is better or even other options I haven't considered?

Thanks so much!

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

It would be interesting to tell you something more worthy, but I've only seen a few trackpad surface devices and I'm not sure if they work that well (or at all) on OS X, as the original one.

Consider that with regular use, you'll have to recharge batteries every month or so (that happens with my mouse, trackpad and keyboard, all apple's).
    There are other options like the Clique, in case the MagicWand is hard to "detach".

Another thing a bit unrelated is, have in mind in order to use the wireless keyboard on the iPad and iPhone you'd have to be pairing and unpairing which can also become a Pita (I'm personally looking for a wireless keyboard for the iPad, since I wanna leave the Mac keyboard always linked to the Mac).

Oh by the way if money is not issue and you don't care about "small" trackpads, there is the DiNovo Edge "Mac Edition" which basically charges 100 bucks more (vs the Win Version) for the "Mac" in there.
    There is also the Logitech K400, but I think it uses a dongle so you're out of luck on the iPad (and I don't think the dongle inside the CCK would work).
    Oh and the diNovo Mini has always had my attention as well but seems to expensive for what it does.

3. Katieg-fm thread starter macrumors member

Yes, the pairing/uh pairing is the other concern other than batteries. The Logitech solar says it toggles between 3 devices with a quick button.
    If Logitech made an attachable trackpad it would solve my dilemma!