Keyboard recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dasikes, Jun 28, 2009.

1. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Hey, everyone. My aluminum keyboard that came with my iMac two years ago is having issues, so I'm looking into getting a new keyboard. Any recommendations?

I'd like bluetooth, but it's not a necessity, but I DO NOT want Apple's unexplainable MacBook-sized keyboard... I like a full keyboard. So I'm open to other companies, just as long as it's made for OS X :)

Any suggestions? Or should I just get a new Apple USB keyboard?

2. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

Well.. I personally have the Logitech diNuvo Mac Edition keyboard, and it's awesome, I'd recommend it without thinking twice, it's kind of pricey but if you look around you can find it for under a $100.

Andrew

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Did you not like your aluminum keyboard? :confused:

I hated prior generations of the Apple keyboard but I love the new aluminum keyboard. I never thought I would end up using this thing when I first unboxed it and saw it's chiclet keys but now it's hard to imagine using anything else I've gotten so used to it. The USB doesn't bother me since I never have reason to move the keyboard off the desk.

My only complaint is that for some reason Apple makes the USB cable very short and do not include an extension cable for the keyboard as it ships with iMacs. But I heard that when you purchase the keyboard separately an extender cable is included.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

If you wanna try something other than Apple's, try Logitech's Illuminated Keyboard (Something like that). Looks pretty slick. Although, at least for me, something about the Apple keyboards just make me type faster and more accurately than on a 'normal' keyboard.

I actually own the Apple wired 'mini' keyboard, and I love it. I chose it over the BT one because of the USB ports like on the full sized model. It did take some time getting used to it though, since there are basically no borders around the keyboard, a bit different than on a MacBook. lol