Keyboard Refreshes at Macworld?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 8theapple, Nov 22, 2008.

1. 8theapple macrumors regular

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding keyboard (both wireless and wired) refreshes coming up. Apple launched the current slim aluminium keyboards last August when the new iMacs were also introduced.

With new iMacs being launched at Macworld 2009, will we see new keyboards as well? I'm talking about maybe led backlight keyboards etc.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'd settle for Apple saying "we goofed" and making the wireless keyboard a full-sized keyboard again. Just because we wanted a wireless keyboard didn't mean we wanted to lose about 20 keys for an extra $30.

3. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

First things first, who says new iMacs will be released at macworld? Do you have insider information?? :p

I think a keyboard refresh is unlikely. Most likely a full size wireless keyboard, like Michael CM1 said.

I'd like a new mighty mouse... but I don't think that will happen either.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. There is no proof of new iMacs. They will NOT be getting a redesign when they are updated, anyway.
    2. Therefore, there is no sense in updating the keyboard. The only thing they might do is offer a black-keyed version.
    3. Yeah... LED backlighting... no. It's a desktop keyboard.

5. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I wonder if they'll change the keys to black, instead of white.

6. ARK macrumors 6502

Steve kills the mouse?

Thats what Im wondering. Black keys and possible back lighting. Also you would think the mighty mouse could get changes. Apple is moving away from the white and the mouse is clearly white. Maybe Apple will have glass trackpad keyboards. Steve "The mouse is gone - Boom!"

7. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

I doubt they would make anything backlit. Especially on a wireless keyboard--that's just too much battery drain

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Not until OS XI.

I'm dead serious. OS XI will be wholly multitouch with only legacy mouse and keyboard support.

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

On the peripherals side, Apple hasn't abandoned white yet. Just take a look at time capsule, airport extreme, airport express etc.

10. ARK macrumors 6502

To counteract that.. you dont use a keyboard and mouse with those products either..:apple: