keyboard responsiveness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mleibowi, Apr 27, 2008.

1. mleibowi macrumors member

I'm a fast typist and a new macbook convertee. I noticed that i have to press the macbook keyboard keys much more firmer and/or longer than previous desktop and laptop keyboards I've used. Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the keyboard on my macbook so I'm not occassionally missing a letter or two in a word when I type?

Thans!!! Ha, ha, j/k Thanks!

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I don't think so...I didn't really notice a difference, and the Macbook keyboard is the best keyboard I think I've ever used...That's not denouncing your experience, but it may just be something you have to get used to :eek: Sorry

Edit: For reference on the hitting the key longer part...I type 195 WPM with 99% accuracy on average..

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

195 WPM? *sniff* *sniff*

*goes out of the thread*

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Sorry, Raven..didn't mean you upset you :eek: to make you feel even worse, though, I'm a chicken-pecker...I quite literally type that fast..with only my two index fingers, and my thumb for the space bar. I don't utilise any of my other fingers while typing. :p;)

5. mleibowi thread starter macrumors member

Wow, I thought I typed fast, but I got nothing on you. 65 wpm isn't so great after all?!?