Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avilolo0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2015
so im using Mac in the last 12 years, always used COMMAND + SPACE to change input source language.
last year I moved to the new m1 chip and this problem start, this combination not working every time.
a lot of times I need to press the combination twice its really frustrating to not be sure if the switch language occurred or not, its slowing me down and this bug is my biggest disappointment.
at first I told my self that apple will fix it after Big Sur but it didn't happened.
now ill give my setup that you people get the full picture.
spotlight shortcut-> COMMAND +X ->working perfect (no collisions with the combination)
select previous input source ->COMMAND +SPACE (having problems sometimes need to press twice)
globe key-> DO NOTHING CHOICE
tried to set in input source menu the (select next input source) to COMMAND+SPACE and also same problem so now just 1 of them is set to work exactly like I worked for 12 years.
no physical keyboard problems with any of the keys, also the problem is the same with left COMMAND key and the right COMMAND key.
please help me!!! (m1 MacBook Air)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.