Keyboard shortcut questions - browser tab switching?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by .Logan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. .Logan macrumors member

My MBP arrived today, and I'm in love! Having always used Windows exclusively before this day I'm still getting the hang out of things:

1. In windows in a browser if you have tabs CTRL + tab switches between them, how do I do this on the Mac?

2. When I download software, like Firefox or Flash Player there is still the "installer stub" on the desktop, can I drag those to the trash after I have finished installing them? (application installation is so odd on a Mac).

3. Is there a quick key command to minimize all applications to show the desktop and key to return it back to normal?

4. I installed Firefox, but I don't see it in the application folder on the dock... but if I go to Finder --> Applications, it's there?

All for now! Thanks so much.

2. simsaladimbamba

1. It is the same in Safari and Mac OS X: CTRL+TAB

2. Yes, you can eject the mounted disk image (DMG) visible on the Desktop via CMD+E or dragging it to the Trash icon.
    Installing Applications in Mac OS X

3. System Preferences > Exposé & Spaces / Mission Control >> Active Screen Corners or >> Mouse Buttons

4. If it is in the actual Applications folder, then it will also show up in the Applications folder shortcut on the Dock.

3. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Said before.
    Control+tab moves selection to the right.
    Control+shift+tab moves selection to the left.

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

Long time Mac user, and I never knew that tip... Thanks! :)

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

F11. On the MBP internal keyboard you'll also need to hold Fn or else you'll just reduce the volume.