Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schmoe0013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Hello,
Quick question. I know the shortcut to minimize windows to the dock, cmd-m,
but is there a shortcut that does the opposite, restores a already minimized window in the dock back onto the desktop?

Thanks

Frozonecold

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2005
NorCal
Hello,
but is there a shortcut that does the opposite, restores a already minimized window in the dock back onto the desktop?

Thanks
How would the shortcut know what window to restore?

zander805

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
They should make a keyboard command for restore:

Command + R + 1 , 2 , 3, etc...

I'm surprised this hasn't been done already.

Also, I use Exposé and have my upper left corner programmed to "All Windows" and if I minimize something and put my mouse in the upper left corner of my screen, I won't bring up the minimized window. I think it should also bring up minimized windows.

ZNDRKRFT™

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Hello,

Thanks

This is exactly why I switched to hiding windows (cmd-h) instead of minimizing them. That is, cmd-tabbing doesn't bring them back up when they are minimized but will pop them back up when hidden. Now, I hardly ever minimize windows but I'm hiding them constantly.

Jongewehr

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2009
This is exactly why I switched to hiding windows (cmd-h) instead of minimizing them. That is, cmd-tabbing doesn't bring them back up when they are minimized but will pop them back up when hidden. Now, I hardly ever minimize windows but I'm hiding them constantly.

good idea

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.