Keyboard shortcut to lock the system

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yizi, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Yizi macrumors regular

Hi,

I like to know the shortcut for locking the system, like when you press ctrl + shift + eject same time it turns the monitor off in imac etc i want the exact same function but when mouse shaken the system asks for password.

Thanks,
    Yizi

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Not sure about keyboard command but you can set up the screen savers to wake on password and set a Hot Corner for you to mouse to to start the screen saver.

3. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

One way you can do this would be to set the Screen Save 'Hot Corner'

System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver -> Hot Corners...

Then select 'Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver'

System Preferences -> Security -> General ->

4. Yizi thread starter macrumors regular

I already know that way, like i used to use windows and there you could just lock the system by using a switch user shortcut hmm...

5. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

6. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

You could try SizzlingKeys. It has a feature which lets you have a keyboard shortcut for locking your computer. I use it. Heres a screenshot:

[​IMG]

so you can actually use that for locking ur computer, and then ctl+shift+eject to sleep ur display :)

edit: another quick idea i had: you could make an applescript to do those stuff and save it as an app. Then, assign that app to some key combination