Keyboard shortcuts changed!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OrangeCuse44, Oct 29, 2008.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Although this has happened in iTunes, it's a system wide problem because it affects Safari too. I'm not sure if this happened the last time iTunes had an update or what, but a few keyboard shortcuts have changed. I set up a shortcut for Cmd+F in iTunes to jump to the search box and it no longer works. Cmd+L to jump to the URL box in Safari and FF have been replaced with iTunes' jump to current song shortcut. I changed the Cmd+L shortcut preferences in iTune's to something else but this still jumps to current song even when I'm using Safari. Anyone have a clue on how to get this back to working order?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

First make sure you're still using the keyboard layout that you're used to in the International system preferences panel. Then check to make sure you don't have any funky keyboard short cuts in the keyboard system preferences panel.

3. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Keyboard is the same and the only shortcuts I have are the couple I did myself. I made sure to change whatever I was replacing with a new shortcut so there aren't 2 for the same shortcut. This is frustrating.