Keyboard Shortcuts oddity

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Halcyon, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

This is happening between two almost identical iMacs (only difference is one is a 2.4 GHz and the other one a 2.66 GHz) running 10.5.4 with all security updates, same keyboard type, same keyboard input type, etc.

The usual keyboard command for "Move focus to next window on active application" is the "cmd" + "<" keyboard combinations. On the new machine the keyboard combination for the same command is "cmd" + "`" but it just doesn't work.

Is there any way I can change this keyboard combination so that it will match between all my Mac's?

PD - Maybe this key combination is in used by another system function, but I cannot find what it is.

Update: I just realized that my new MacBook has the same keyboard combination (second one) that also does not work (by not working I mean that when pressing that keyboard combination absolutely nothing happens).

2. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem solved

Even though there where no takers on this one...here is the answer for those that might find themselves in a similar jam.

Solution:

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts > To change a shortcut, double-click the shortcut and hold down the new keys.

HTH, to whomever might need it.