Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdreed91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
My keyboard shortcuts have stopped working after upgrading to iOS 6. Has anyone else had this happen? They still work on my iPad just not my phone. I have reset keyboard settings and still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

megatieter

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Ditto

My shortcuts are not working as well. Hoping someone has a solution because I love my shortcuts!

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I am also having an issue with shortcuts/autocorrect. It's super minor, I know, but when I type i-l-l to start a sentence it will automatically change it to "I'll" which is what I want 99.99999999% of the time. But in the middle of the sentence it will leave it as "ill". Very very minor inconvenience, but I point it out because it never happened before iOS 6. Also, adding it to keyboard shortcuts did not work.

Sdreed91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Yes it is rather annoying. My brothers, 4th gen iPod touch is now, not implementing his shortcuts either. Hopefully this will be noticed by Apple. Or someone on the forums who may have a fix. I don't mind typing everything out. However, I did not realize how much I rely upon my shortcuts until now.

ZeeSage

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Turn your phone off then back on. That's what I did and it worked for me. Just after you turn it back on, check in your settings to make sure the shortcuts are still saved.

Sensientuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
I turned off "settings->ICloud->documents and data" then checked my shortcuts... some were missing some were duplicated (I assume the cloud and my device had the shortcut but sych had not worked correctly) deleted to duplicates.

BUT the others now worked.

Turned "settings->ICloud->documents and data" back on, created a new shortcut and this now worked also.

Time will tell if this "fix" is only temporary - but to me it looks like an issue with the ICloud synch

Turn your phone off then back on. That's what I did and it worked for me. Just after you turn it back on, check in your settings to make sure the shortcuts are still saved.

adriantornoe

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I turned off "settings->ICloud->documents and data" then checked my shortcuts... some were missing some were duplicated (I assume the cloud and my device had the shortcut but sych had not worked correctly) deleted to duplicates.

BUT the others now worked.

Turned "settings->ICloud->documents and data" back on, created a new shortcut and this now worked also.

Time will tell if this "fix" is only temporary - but to me it looks like an issue with the ICloud synch

I have the same problem but this doesn't solve it for me.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
The "ill" and "I'll" thing is very annoying. Like someone posted earlier, every time it's in the middle of a sentence it's "ill". I got around this by making a shortcut for every time I type ill it will put in I'll

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Put me down with same issue. Hard reboot fixes it for maybe a few days, then they all stop working, my custom and stock.

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
I had keyboard issues as well. Hard reset would fix for a few days. Well, I got tired of it and restored. It's only been 3 days so far but still have my shortcuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.