Keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AndieM, Aug 7, 2010.

1. AndieM macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I just switched over from a PC a couple of days ago and I am getting used to my new Macbook Pro, and MAC OS X. However I have run into a problem I have no idea how to fix, or what's wrong.

I have the "Switching to the Mac" book from the Missing Manuals series, and throughout the book it mentions wonderful keyboard shortcuts that can be used for a variety of things. The problem is that most of them do not seem to work. For example, Control-F4 is apparently meant to cycle through all open windows, only it does nothing on my computer. This is true of many of the shortcuts I have tried. I tried to search the forums here but haven't found an answer, nor has googling turned up anything useful.

Also, I was using a program called Syncback to sync my flash drive with a folder on my hard drive before, and that program is not available for macs, so I have been looking for a replacement. I tried Rsync, but it didn't seem to work - only syncing some of the files in the specified folder. Does anyone know of a freeware program for synchronization of files that is good?

Can you help? Thanks so much,

Andie

2. AndieM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply - but I have already visited both those sites, and although they offer a list of keyboard shortcuts, most of them still don't work. Am I missing something?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Is it possible you’re using a MBP or similar? Remember you need to press the fn key to get the F4 to be used used when pressing control-F4.

4. AndieM thread starter macrumors newbie

Using the fn key doesn't do anything either. I'm so confused. :mad: