Keyboard shows in Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aleangelico, Nov 24, 2010.

1. aleangelico macrumors newbie

Hi everybody

I've seen a lot of information about cleaning the MacBook, but apparently nobody had this problem

I have a MacBook Pro, and you can see the countour of every key in the LCD Screen. It's like you see a "ghost keyboard" in the LCD. Is there a way to remove / clean this? I tried cleaning the screen but it didnt clean this problem.

2. preppy macrumors member

preppy

It's the dirt/oils from your keyboard being transferred to the screen when the lid is closed...

What have you been using in your attempts to clean the screen?

3. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

4. aleangelico thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried with a LCD Cleaning solution I use from Belkin and also with baby towels.
    I didnt use iKlear, in the area I live is difficult to get.
    I think the oils are into the LCD... not sure though.

I'm adding a picture, its very noticeable when booting.

Attached Files:

5. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Although iKlear is difficult to get hold of, it's by far the best solution (no pun intended) I've found for screens.

Once it's clean, Crumpler do a nice range of little microfibre cloths called The Slip, the right size for various laptop screens and designed to be shut in between keyboard and screen to prevent this happening again.

6. aleangelico thread starter macrumors newbie

7. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

That sounds like a very large bottle. They do tiny bottles too, which are fine for occasionally cleaning a laptop. I've got the 2oz/60ml bottle which has lasted ages (cleaning a laptop and two desktop screens). Might be worth having another look.

8. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

For Electronics, including TFT's I find Servisol Foam cleanser is the best, even removes stubben dirt 'n' grime from older computers - not to be used on CRT's, it'll remove the anti-glare coating :eek: