keyboard smudges on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macjoshua, May 7, 2011.

1. macjoshua macrumors 6502

I have a 2011 MBP. I've noticed that when I open up the screen, I can see the where the keys have been touching it when it's closed.

Is that normal?

2. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

Yes it is. It happens on my 2011 MBP and 2008 MBP. If you want to avoid it, you can use the keyboard sheet that came with the laptop.

3. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

I think this tends to happen if you put it in a bag and excessive pressure is exerted to cause more contact.

This is my own personal observation.

R

4. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

It is also going to depend on your body oils. My wife never leaves finger-pad marks while I have naturally oily skin.

I use a ShaggyMac cloth screen protector. Best I have found.

5. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

Long time Apple portable user here as well (my first Mac was a Powerbook 170) and far as I could remember keyboards do mark their screen if unprotected. I recommend Radtech's Screensavers

http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreensavrz.aspx

I had mine since I got my Powerbook G4 more then five years ago and I am still using it today. The cloth is surprisingly durable even with multiple washings and still looks good even after all these years.

6. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I have that RADtech version, too. It is definitely more robust/stout compared to the ShaggyMac. The ShaggyMac is a lot thinner, which I prefer.

Also, the embossed "RADtech" logo was imprinting it's own smudge on my screen which personally drove me nuts. Probably because I was inserting the cloth "upside-down"; user error. :)

Either one is better than having nothing, though, and just a matter of preference.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC