Keyboard sound when paired to BT speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bufffilm, Nov 7, 2016.

1. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I recently bought a soundbar for my TV and an additional feature is it can act as a Bluetooth speaker for my iPhone and iPad.

So I enabled the pairing on my iPhone and was listening to some Bossanova (sounds great btw) and decided to reply to a thread here on my phone. When to my horror, every keypress I make is echoed to the soundbar.

Looked at the Settings and don't see anything there that would silent this.

Help!!!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

There is no setting to stop the keyboard sound. Some have complained it is too loud while other say it is not loud enough.

I did just click the mute button on the side of my 7+ and keyboard strokes are silent, so . . . .

3. bufffilm thread starter Suspended

bufffilm

Surely there is a way to silence this?! My phone is jail-broken if some Cydia app can help?

The volume is moderate and each click is loud! I cant believe some say it oughta be even louder.

4. Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    solved

5. beernut macrumors 6502

hold on, y'all telling me disabling this setting doesn't work instead of muting the phone outright?

settings --> sounds --> keyboard clicks

?

6. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Did that on day one. Those clicks are so annoying.

7. bufffilm, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

bufffilm thread starter Suspended

bufffilm

After seeing the second post, I was researching if a tweak would turn the clicks off and poked around some more and found the iOS setting myself.

Whew!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 7, 2016 ---
    Yeah, it did.

I found this out and then saw your post too. Thanks. Would have been a serious bummer if there was no solution.

8. ViceSe7en macrumors newbie

ViceSe7en

I had a different experience with my beats studios, the keyboard clicks are amazing until I connect my beats, then it sounds like crap lol.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Surely you must know about one of the more basic sound settings relation to this: