Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andriy_lesiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2020
Hello everybody! I bought a new iPhone 11 and found a shortage. The keyboard click sound is not consistent. If you start typing and stop and then continue, at first the keyboard sound will be very quiet and by the end of the sentence loud. Did anyone notice this?

Last edited:

Synna

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2020
I am having the same issue on a new iPhone 11 Pro Max and from what I have heard so far, it seems that a hard reset etc. cannot fix this. I also was in touch with Apple about this and they said that this wasn't something they are aware of or they can fix, so they suggested getting a replacement.

andriy_lesiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2020
I am having the same issue on a new iPhone 11 Pro Max and from what I have heard so far, it seems that a hard reset etc. cannot fix this. I also was in touch with Apple about this and they said that this wasn't something they are aware of or they can fix, so they suggested getting a replacement.
and on the new iPhone you do not have this problem?

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Wait a minute, the keyboard clicks aren’t supposed to sound different. In messaging apps sometimes if I press a certain key the click appears louder. Thought that was normal.

Synna

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2020
haven't you received a replacement yet or just forgotten about us?)

Actually, the replacement is not here yet, as the process proves to be a bit difficult. (The replacement is not coming from Apple itself but from the retailer I bought the device from.) As soon as I have it, I'll reply here. :)

andriy_lesiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2020
Actually, the replacement is not here yet, as the process proves to be a bit difficult. (The replacement is not coming from Apple itself but from the retailer I bought the device from.) As soon as I have it, I'll reply here. :)
here in Ukraine it is almost impossible to do) I wish you a replacement and do not forget to let us know)

Synna

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2020
Sorry for not replying earlier, but my replacement unit has arrived in the meantime and the problem does not seem to be there, so it was either a software problem that's not present on all units or indeed some hardware problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.