Keyboard Stopped responding

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bennybuttman, Jun 10, 2007.

1. bennybuttman macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I bought an Ibook G4 14" almost a year and a half ago, and since, have had nothing but troubles with it. I by no means hate macs, they are by far my preferred computers. However, this one seems to be the most troublesome computer I have ever dealt with. My most recent problem has come in the form of my keyboard not working properly. I downloaded some NES games to use with an emulator, and tried to unzip a large number of them with StuffIt Expnder 11, and about half way through, it quit, telling me there were to many files to open. I then went to open firefox to find some information about why this happened, and realised i could not type, or could not use the keyboard to do shortcuts. I restarted the computer, because these has often helped me with problems like this in the past, and when it had restarted, I realised the time and date, battery status, airport, sound level, and bluetooth icons were missing from the top right corner, and the Spotlight Icon was flashing. I now cannot open the keyboard and mouse tab in system preferences to see if anything has gone wrong because this keeps quitting. I can't open microsoft word, msn messenger keeps quitting, and the processor has slowed. I thought to do an archive and install, however I remembered that my dvd drive has also recently stopped working, so that won't work. My girlfriend has a PowerBook G4, which i am typing on now. I was wondering if anyone can help me fix it or has any suggestions which will help me?

Thanks guys n girls,
    Benny

2. bennybuttman thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help guys... just so you don't panic and all jump to my aid at once, i fixed it by deleting all the caches on my computer. hope this can help anyone else