Keyboard Stops Responding

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mustnotsleep, May 29, 2010.

1. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

I recently added a few new cydia programs including infiniboard and infinidock. Now the bottom half of my keyboard totally stops working, but the problem can be fixed by respringing or restarting the device. I restored the device to its original settings and I have not been able to recreate the problem, so I assume it lies with something I recently installed. Does anybody know what program might be causing this?

Ok, so on my totally clean device where I have only jailbroken and installed infiniboard and infinidock, I now see the following when I go to the search page on the springboard. This is definitely messing with the keyboard some way:

[​IMG]

2. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

I can assume that you paid for infiniboard and infinidock, however if they are cracked that could be your issue. Does the keyboard work everywhere else or just not here, maybe because Spotlight uses the springboard and infiniboard/dock isn't compatible with spotlight. I have an iPhone 3G and just infinidock installed and my keyboard is fine. Have you tried a complete restore and redownloading all your cydia apps.

3. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I paid for the programs, they are not cracked. I have not specifically noticed any other keyboards that do not work like this. Yes I have tried redownloading all my programs (albeit via pkgbackup) and the problem persisted.

What do you mean when you say infiniboard isnt compatible with spotlight?

4. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

Spotlight is that little search feature when you go to the SBPage left of the Home Screen. If Infinidock wasn't updated when Spotlight was added then Infinidock is incompatible with Spotlight, however because you are using PkgBackup that could be your problem.

I know that with the regular .ipa files from the AppStore if you download them and they contain an error you have to delete them and redownload them without using your back up on iTunes because the back up still contains the error.

5. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

in any case, I no longer have the problem now, but I am not using either infiniboard or dock. Can anybody confirm if these programs interfere with spotlight?