Keyboard Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jdaniel, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So I recently moved to TB display and now I need an external keyboard. I am using a logitech one for now I can touch type but not 100%.. so I need and prefer a lighted keyboard... ok so after a few days of looking through the internet this is what I found:

1. You cannot find a proper wireless key that is lighted, lighted = wired.

2. lighted keyboards = gaming keyboards.

Most gaming keyboards come with extras like headphone ports and what not...so far I have found the Max blackbird which is not out yet but coming soon that seems like a good prospect, simple.

Most of these keyboard as they would be are geared towards PCs... so what I am hoping for is some input for guys who have some experience with lighted keyboards.

is there one brand out there that is actually built for a mac that I am missing?

Thanks guys

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you want to learn touch typing, then an illuminated keyboard is kinda contra productive, as touch typing allows you to type without looking at the keyboard.

For keyboards, take a look at this.

6. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

Not looking to learn anything :) just looking for a product that suits me :)

7. Syph1x macrumors newbie

I can recommend keyboards from Ducky, specifically their "shine 3" line. They are kind of marketed as gaming keyboards, but takes a "no bloat" approach to features. Rock solid, high quality backlit mechanical keyboards. They also have small switches underneath, one of which enables "Mac mode". The only drawback is that they're wired. Been using one for more than a year without any problems.

8. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

i was looking at Max.. but I'll look at Ducky too.. yeah I found that theres no wireless backlit other than logitech. so am considering wired now

9. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

11. thaifood macrumors 6502

I too am looking for a wired backlit keyboard. Particularly with Mac shortcuts on function keys and a USB port for passthrough of mouse. Its hard to find. The closest it the Moshi Luna but it lacks the USB port...gah!