Keyboard Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by panda bear, Jun 20, 2010.

1. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

I know there are probably a lot of keyboard suggestion type threads on here, but i'm kind of looking for something for my specific situation.

I recently purchased the new Mac Mini, so I plan on hooking my old Mini (purchased in early 2010, so it's not really "old") up in my parents' home theater system.

I will most likely end up buying them the Apple Remote, but in terms of a keyboard, i'd like to have something that would replace both a keyboard and mouse. So I was thinking something along the lines of a keyboard with a trackpad on it.

My mother isn't very tech-savvy, but she's not stupid by any means, so i'm sure she could catch on. Anyway.. I was thinking something really simple, not too many buttons.. something that has pretty decent battery life and with a trackpad.

If anyone has any suggestions or input at all, that would be really helpful.

Thanks so much!

Oh, wired is preferred. USB adapter or Bluetooth.. doesn't matter.

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm looking for the same thing, but I would prefer bluetooth. I would love the exact same keyboard as my unibody macbook, but bluetooth to use with my mac mini.

3. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

4. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the DiNovo, it just doesn't look or sound that great. I am really going to miss the large multitouch trackpad from my MacBook. I thought at one time I saw something about Apple releasing a USB or Bluetooth trackpad just like the Macs have. I sure hope they do.

The iPhone app isn't what I am looking for, but I am glad you brought that up, because I think I would like that also. Anyone have experience with any of them? I will check out the Apps forum and see what I can find, that would be nice to have I think.

Thanks

6. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

I would recommend either iTap or Touchpad Elite.

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, I'll check them out.

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss