keyboard that works on Mac AND pc

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tyger.eyez, Jul 27, 2008.

1. tyger.eyez macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I want a keyboard that works on both a Mac and PC. Can anyone tell me if the latest keyboard style (MB110B/A) works on both? I know the earlier models do.
    Many thanks in advance!

tyger.eyez
    :p

2. sprale macrumors member

I have used a few Logitech keyboards before and am happy with them for the price. The Tactile keyboard seems to be one of the better models, but you pay for it.

I generally run a PC and a Mac via KVM switch at work and home, so wired is best. For me, I would like to have the shortcut keys working on either system, volume and eject as well.

Any other thoughts on keyboards that may fit the bill?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This isn't 1994. Any USB keyboard will work on both a Mac and PC.

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Yep, pretty much any usb keyboard will work with both. However, if the keyboard has bizarre volume/track change or other use-specific keys they may not work or you may have to download specialized drivers for them to work. But other than that, you're pretty much safe. :cool:

5. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

The Optimus Maximus. :D

Just kidding. You can use some old ps/2 keyboards and mice with a belkin ps/2 to usb converter. I'm using that with a cheap logitech keyboard and mouse but it sometimes cuts out. Also, I had to remap the apple key to the option and vice versa but that can be done in the keyboard preferences. It works pretty good but I'm getting a Microsoft keyboard and mouse to replace it. That, BTW, also works with mac. :D

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i use the aluminum keyboard for osx and vista

7. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Yes they do.

8. andimaciphone macrumors member

andimaciphone

Apple MB110B/A Keyboard

Tyger I use the keyboard you quoted on a Vista PC and on my Mac.

It's works sweet as a nut on both.

9. tyger.eyez thread starter macrumors newbie

mouse for pc/mac

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your inputs. :) I knew that it would work fundamentally but didn't know if there were any conflicts to look out for as none of the specs said it supports pcs but the opinion is that this one is fine so I'm safe to go ahead and part with my hard earned cash - thanks guys!

While I'm on the subject of input devices, does anyone know of a good mouse that would go nicely with the super thin aluminium apple keyboards? I want a wired one as I can't be bothered to mess around with batteries. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful?

Rgds, tyger eyez :p