Keyboard & touchpad unresponsive coming out of sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slowpoke, Nov 16, 2007.

1. slowpoke macrumors member

slowpoke

Earlier, I opened up my MBP, and found that the keyboard and touchpad wouldn't respond. Closed the lid and opened it again a few minutes later, still nothing. I plugged an external mouse in, and that worked - However, the cursor would turn to a beachball whenever I moved it over the menubar, so I couldn't restart properly.

I held down the power button and started up again, and apart from having taken longer than usual to boot up, everything's fine...

Should I do anything?

2. Stu L Tissimus macrumors newbie

Just wanted to post and say I have this problem too. It's a Santa Rosa with Leopard.

3. slowpoke thread starter macrumors member

slowpoke

Likewise. Do you get it whenever you sleep? It's a one-off with me; been fine every other time.

4. senior macrumors newbie

I've had other sleep issues since upgrading to Leopard, I wonder if there are some bugs relating to this.

- If I have an external mouse connected, when returning from sleep mode the mouse won't work in that USB port -- I have to switch it to another port. Even reinserting it in the same port doesn't help.

- Sometimes my MBP just won't awake from sleep mode, even if plugged into the power supply.