Keyboard, Track Pad, and Mouse won't connect? :(

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dthimesch, May 6, 2011.

1. dthimesch macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm not all that computer savvy and have run into a problem. I use my Bluetooth keyboard and track pad for my Mac. Every so often I'll play bejeweled on Facebook and like to use my magic mouse for the game, sometimes if my mouse won't connect I'll restart my computer and it will be connected. Well such was the case this morning but after restarting my computer nothing is connected and I can not get any of them to connect. When I open up the Bluetooth window it will show my keyboard and trackpad connecting and disconnecting every few seconds and even if it says they are connected they do not work. Any help on how I can get them connected again? Thanks guys.

2. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

Hm. Your Mac's Bluetooth receiver might be on the blink.

3. dthimesch thread starter macrumors newbie

Gosh I hope not. It's less than a year old.

4. dthimesch thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I got the keyboard going :) one down 1 to go. At this point I don't care about the magic mouse

5. dthimesch thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok go it all now. Instead of restarting my computer I needed to shut it down and turn it back on. Weird but Im not messing with it again.

6. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

Well, if it's less than a year old, it should be under warranty. Better it breaks now, than at the start of Month 13...!