Keyboard & Trackpad problem on 15" 2017 TB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by waring192, Dec 8, 2018.

1. waring192 macrumors member

Hello all,

About four months ago I bought a lovely 2017 MacBook Pro from a friends friend at a silly price I paid around £1750 for a 15" TB, 2.9 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Pro 560 and 500 GB (It also came with 3 years apple care & only 80 battery cycles).

Keyboard: over time (well recently) I noticed that the B button kept on do a double press and the X sometimes would get stuck down until I moved it around a little? Also some other keys feel like they do not press down quite as much but work fine (the backspace is one that is always like that) . I read about the Apple extending the service on them so I guess its just a case of sending in the Laptop? I live nearly two hours away from the nearest Apple Store and I guess they would just send it away?

Trackpad: I also noticed over time that the bottom left area does not have as much movement when pressing it compared to the rest of the trackpad. I have to push quite a bit harder in that area for one click but the haptic feedback requires just a little more pressure to work, similar to the rest of the area. I know know if dust has gotten into the area someone? I 100% have not split anything on it all.

I would just rush down to the Apple Store but like I mentioned its nearly two hours away a do not want make it a worthless trip if I could sent it away from home or the trackpad could be fixed at home somehow?!

Anyhow, cheers in advance

2. _Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

no, you can't fixit at home, go to Apple store

3. waring192 thread starter macrumors member

I just love Apple customer service, called today and being collected tomorrow!

4. Airboy1466 macrumors 6502

Airboy1466

lmao short simple to the point