Keyboard/Trackpad questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cynics, Apr 10, 2014.

1. cynics macrumors G3

I browsed around a bit and found some stuff but no direct answer to my question.

Currently I use AirPlay from my iMac quite a bit. I've been just bringing the my Apple bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse into my living room. The range is strong enough that they both work well. But using a mouse on the couch isn't isn't the best solution carrying them back and forth is a bit of a pain too.

So I'm curious.

1. Can you have 3/4 input devices connected via bluetooth? A keyboard, mouse, and keyboard with built in trackpad and have them all on and functional at the same time. Basically a dedicated keyboard for the living room.

If so...

2. What brand would you guys recommend? I browsed Apples webpage and found one "Twelve South MagicWand". The thing is I need it to be a quality product that has as good as range as Apples OEM keyboard and mouse. Plus I need it to be built for a Mac with all of Apple keyboard keys (volume, launchpad, mission control, i.e. F1 -F12 preferably labeled etc).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Yes, you can have 3-4 bluetooth devices connected at once to a Mac.

The Twelve South MagicWand simply connects your wireless keyboard to the Magic Trackpad. The keyboard and trackpad is not included.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The MagicWand and the Henge Docks Clique essentially do the same thing of coupling the trackpad to the keyboard. However, I believe the Clique is a more appropriate solution as it appears to wrap the whole trackpad for better support when sitting away from the desk.

There is no issues with having 3-4 devices connected via the Bluetooth in your Mac.

Please note that if you get a trackpad and the Clique, simply insert both and take the clique with you to the living room. Leave the mouse behind.

4. rjbenson83 macrumors regular

Can the Henge Dock Clique be used with the Logitec K811 and the apple magic track pad? I would prefer not to use apples keyboard.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Not that I know of. It is essentially a dock that the Magic Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard sit in to form one unit.