Keyboard used to half light, flicker when touched, now nothing, not sensors....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theLemur, Oct 8, 2011.

1. theLemur macrumors regular

Someone had spilled on this keyboard in the past, and the lights on the right side of the keyboard stopped working. The left side would flicker on and off if the center of the keyboard was pressed. After removing the keyboard and completely disassembling it, it was then reassembled but now the backlight doesn't work whatsoever. I have no OS installed, and no hard drive, so there are no settings to play with. Right now its just booting up to the white screen with a ? file folder.

I bought a new keyboard from ebay, and I thought that would solve my backlight problem, but its still not coming on. Any ideas?

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

liquid can screw with many things on a macbook, theres not uch u can do other than buy a whole new computer LOL

3. Detrius macrumors 68000

You sure you plugged in the backlight cable? It's usually a separate tiny ribbon cable.

4. Chris2k11 macrumors member

Chris2k11

I just replaced a friend of mine's backlit keyboard. There is a separate little cable for the back lit. As far as your question mark folder, did you have a time machine backup. If so put the disk in and restore from backup. If you didn't put the disk in and restore to original. How much fun was it taking all of those little screws out of the keyboard?