Keyboard vs Macbook R

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SparkFlash, Dec 14, 2015.

1. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

I just returned my macbook retina to go back to macbook pro retina and man the only thing I miss is the keyboard on the MBR. I don't know what it is, but these now feel far apart and clicky. I used to love the keyboard too before this. So weird!

Anyone else notice a difference that has used both?

2. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

MacBook keyboard is definitely the clear winner in my opinion. I have both machines and the pro stays in the bag

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

am sure we'll see that keyboard on the next macbook pro...

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I certainly hope not. I'm not a fan of the rMB's keyboard. I much prefer the keyboard that's on my MBP's

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

who knows? my guess (just a guess) is we'll see a minor update (processor in particular), or...a redesign (that will happen sooner or later of course). by then: macbook keyboard, smaller footprint, usb-C... but everything is speculation until it's real...never more true than it is with apple.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I suspect you'll see a keyboard of the general design of the rMB but with more travel. Overall I think this is a good thing. The backlight is much more controlled on the new keyboard and the tactile feedback much better. If they can give both of those qualities to a keyboard on the MBP combined with more travel and some cushion, it'll be a winner.

7. Dead0k macrumors regular

key travel makes huge sensу (speaking about regular keyboards) and those keys on MB were made just for purpose of the slimness.

Hope they will apply new keys only to ipads and slimbooks