keyboard wireless put off?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cromas, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

hi there, anybody have the wireless keyboard I mean the news the short... for save battery say in the manual, put off, but I put the the buttom off and I always see on... if I turn off the computer and turn off the keyboard and later put on the computer the keyboard continue on... why? anybody knows?

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

I dont understand your english so well, but the battery holds for many months and you dont really need to turn it off.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Agreed.

4. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I don't have the wireless keyboard, but, if you do turn it off after the computer shuts off, then turn the computer back on, I would assume the keyboard would turn on automatically each time. The battery must last a long time too. It's too bad its not rechargeable with a USB cable. Hopefully apple can add that feature to the next one.

5. wsu108 macrumors newbie

You have to press the pwer botton for 3 seconds in order to turn off the wireless keyboard.

I don't think it will turn itself on when you turn on the MAC. Instead, the MAC will complain that there is no keyboard found.

6. suprajoe macrumors member

I have this keyboard and when I am not using it, I do turn it off. Hold button for 3 - 4 seconds until the little green led light goes out. I'm cheap and want the batteries to last as long as possible. I have now had it for a month and in sys-preferences, I have 4 out of 5 bars for battery life. Which I think is great.

7. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

I have my mac pro since 22days ago... I use a battery for mouse and it dead... I never put off the mouse... so I need put off for get more battery life, I never put the keyboard off and say 66%, so I put off in the next days too.

8. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

So technically you get about 2, 2 1/2 months of battery life without turning it off. That's not bad. It's too bad it doesnt turn off automatically after a certain amount of time of no use.