Keyboard won't go all the way down

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kabar08, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Kabar08 macrumors newbie

When I first bought my mbp it had a 120 gig hd. Needless to say that needed some upgrading and I didn't have an "authorized" mac store to do it so I went and bought a 320 gig hd and replaced it myself. After watching a few tutorials on how to do I went ahead and replaced it. The only problem I have is on the front of the mbp the keyboard/tackpad isn' flush like it used to be. I've lived with it for awhile but I was wondering is there any special way to get it to be flush?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Take it apart and put it back together again? Perhaps you didn't reassemble it quite right the first time. There's a lot of stuff packed into the MBP, and if something wasn't positioned exactly where it belongs, that could be the cause.

3. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

With the 320GB drive, what is the drive height and which MBP do you have?

For 15" MBPs, the maximum drive height is 9.5mm.

For 17" MBPs, the maximum drive height is 12.5mm.

If you have a 15" MBP and installed a 12.5mm drive, this could be causing your problem.

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

What you didn't do is secure the clips in the front of the top case. Those clips are the reason for your gap. You can either push down on the top casing and hope it snaps in or take it off again and hook the clips before you put in the screws again.