Keyboards for MB/MBP/MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by deadjoe2002, Sep 22, 2008.

1. deadjoe2002 macrumors member

Can anyone suggest any wireless keyboard and mouse bundles that have been designed with macs in mind, i.e. have the apple/option keys instead of windows/alt?

Call me fussy but id like to get a mac orientated keyboard mouse setup for my macbook and am finding it hard to pay £85ish for the apple kb and mighty mouse. Thanks in advance for any help given.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The only non-Apple keyboard I can think of that you can pretty much have dedicated Apple/Option keys is the blank Das Keyboard, except this costs more than the Apple keyboard, so it might not be a viable solution. It would appear that the only choice you have is the Apple branded keyboard. However just buy any mouse.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I stand corrected, except that costs more than the Apple keyboard.

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

but that is keyboard and mouse

5. deadjoe2002 thread starter macrumors member

That logitech one does look like my only option, here another one for you, any suggestions on an ACD looking monitor for my macbooks new home, I love the ACDs but hell are they expensive compared to say and LG, screen size would be around 22" to 24" and must include a few discrete USB ports like the ACD.

Is there anyway I can move this thread to the apple peripherals forum, I think thats where I should have posted to start with

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

7. deadjoe2002 thread starter macrumors member

I have to say as much as i dont like dell computers, u do have to like their monitors, that one is awesome, includes a webcam build in so takes the isight problem out of the equation when my MB is clamshelled. Heres another question, how well does the MB perform in clamshelled mode whilst running WinXP via boot camp? is there any setting that need fiddling on the windows side of things?

8. deadjoe2002 thread starter macrumors member

As a side note to the monitor, that dell isnt available through the uk dell website ( usb and webcam) version. Any one else got any suggestions, Ill post up some pics of my macbooks home as soon as its finished as a thankyou to everyone.

9. deadjoe2002 thread starter macrumors member

Thats proably the nicest keyboard ive ever seen, i dont even know what everything does on that thing. Do you own one? I'm quite fond of Logitech gear, I have an ageing MX1000 bundle that is due to be replaced because the charging terminals have worn out. It does sort of throw my worrying about the cost of the apple keyboard out the window a bit thou.

10. madfresh macrumors regular

I used to own, and it was amazing. I, however, sold it because the wireless apple keyboard is smaller and saved me space.

11. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Theres always this. Dedicated apple key, apple function buttons like eject, itunes controls, etc. Matches MBP/ACD.

12. deadjoe2002 thread starter macrumors member

I think the only way im gonna be happy is to get the apple wireless keyboard other wise ill always feel like i should have got it, as for a mouse im thinking about the logitech v470, anyone own it or have tried it on a mac? how well does it work?