Keyboards...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thejadedmonkey, Jan 14, 2008.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'm looking for a good keyboard for a new mini. Basically, the previous generation Apple keyboard, but one that I can find new.

What's good?

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

sorry, maybe i am tired, but doesn't your question answer your own question? you are saying that you want the old style apple keyboard correct? so what am I missing?

3. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

at minimum, where can I find a new one. Or, where can I find one like that one, but currently being produced.

4. Bogie macrumors regular

5. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

it is soo hard to find an old style keyboard new.. i went crazy for 2 weeks and could not find one for my mini... i finnally just bought a aluminum one:apple::apple:

6. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Go to macofalltrades.com or powermax.com
    good luck

7. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Does the logitech one have the scissor type of spring? It's for my dad, and he hunt, pecks, and then pounds on the keyboard, and I want to be sure that it won't crap out on him...

8. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I have one of the old full sized white keyboards, wireless, in literally perfect condition that I used maybe 10 times max. If a 100 is perfect condition, this is like a 99. I never used it because I found it too large and in the way, as opposed to the new aluminum one which I had been writing to apple about for almost two years and they hit it perfectly for my tastes. The point is I have one that I would be glad to sell to you if you live in the US. Send me a PM if you are interested. I'm not looking to make a killing here, just to get a fair price in light of the condition and demand. I put that out there because we on MR have a bad habit of only making an offer for pretty outrageously lowball figures.

9. surripere macrumors member

10. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

that is no longer available and version 2 is $149 WOW!:eek:

11. Joe Bannon macrumors regular

12. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

And better than the new ones if you ask me.

13. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

14. The Man macrumors 6502

I rather like the new aluminum Apple keyboards. I traded in the old Apple Bluetooth keyboard for the wired aluminum. I could never properly type on the old Bluetooth keyboard. Many times I would hit the key and it would not register. I find that I can type faster and more smoothly on the new aluminum one. But it's a personal preference, or course.

15. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Thanks all who responded. I ended up just getting a PS/2 to USB adapter and will use an old IBM keyboard. Simple, effective, and $5.