Keychain Access acting up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RonArt, Dec 4, 2010.

1. RonArt macrumors member

RonArt

I don't remember ever having this problem since Keychain first appeared.

About a week ago I changed my login password and now when I attempt to look at any of my Keychain passwords my computer prompts me to enter my Keychain password (which is my OLD login password) rather than allowing me to enter my new administrative login password.

I don't want to have to remember two passwords when only a week ago I only ever had to enter my one current administrative password to authorize Keychain Access to allow me to look at any of my numerous passwords in its window pane.

How can I get it to only require me to enter my one new/current adminstrative password?

I tried "Keychain First Aid" and error messages to appeared stating: Verification Terminated Unexpectedly or Repair Terminated Unexpectedly

A reviewer at MacUpdate had the same experience with Keychain First Aid that I did.

Any advice?

Specs: 27" iMac; OS X 10.6.5; Keychain Access 4.1; Keychain First Aid 1.0

Ron

2. RonArt thread starter macrumors member

RonArt

Some Keychains are fine

I may not have included enough information.

Some of my Keychains are fine and when I click in the box for an item to reveal its password... I am then asked for an administrative password... I type in my new/current administrative password and voila!... the specific item's password is revealed.

Yet for some of the Keychains I still have to use my old administrative password to see the specific item's password.

I want to change this so ALL Keychains ask for the new/current administrative password.