Keychain Access quit unexpectedly - segmentation fault: 11

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jayinthebay, Jul 15, 2015.

1. jayinthebay macrumors newbie

Very new to mac, but not *nix. I was trying to set up Time Machine for my ReadyNAS and after making one successful backup, it started failing again (it was PITA to get set up). So I went into keychain to try to delete the stored System key related to the NAS -- right click, click delete, type in my password, pinwheel comes up and it crashes. I've tried verify/repair in keychain first aid - "no problems found".

So while tailing the log files while this happens I notice the following....

Jul 15 11:27:01 mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.ReportCrash[975]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.ReportCrash

Jul 15 11:27:02 mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.keychainaccess.13380[970]): Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11

Any idea? What could be happening here? it happens every time I try to delete this key.

2. jayinthebay thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems to have been resolved the 2nd time I reset the keychain for that user.