Keychain Access

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by crashoverride77, Apr 17, 2014.

1. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Hey,

Anyone know what the "SecureBackupService" application password is in the iCloud section of the Keychain Access. I have deleted this entry by accident and being trying find out what it is for. I cannot seem to get it back by doing new iCloud backups etc.
    I use iCloud keychain a lot and this is the only entry I have/had that I do not know what it is for.
    Any feedback be much appreciated

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That is associated with the process com.apple.sbd that is used to sync the iCloud Keychain. You might try turning iCloud off then back on to see if it is recreated.

If that does not work, I would just reinstall Mavs over top of itself to get this back. Backup first just to be safe, but this will not erase your data.

3. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you so much for your reply. I have done more research and it is indeed the icloud backup service (the automatic backup when you plug in the phone not when you do it manually).
    Thanks again

4. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Solved

Incase someone does same as I did. It was not the iCloud backup but has to do with the security code. If you use the random security code from apple it will create this entry into the keychain. Once i changed my random security code it did recreate the entry again. (SECUREBACKUPSERVICE)

Thanks again