Keychain access

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hawkizzle, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Hawkizzle macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I'm not sure how this came about but yesterday my keychain access kept requesting me to type in a "login" but I do not know what this login is. I have tried my password that works when i try to do the Keychain first aid but does not work for these pop ups. I have tried to unlock the keychain access to but yet again I do not know the "login". Is there some way I can use that password that I used in keychain first aid to unlock or change the other logins to ones that I know or find out which logins they are? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Keychain holds all the passwords for your computer for the programs that you save a password, such as Safari and a login to a website. Its prompting you since one of your programs is trying to access a saved password stored in your keychain. So if you supply your username and password, the program should get access. Or you might need to try the password for someone that is an administrator for your computer, that is if your username is a secondary account and doesn't have admin privileges.

Which program are you using that is prompting to get access?

3. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but have a Keychain related question (at least I think it's Keychain related). Where can I see the data that Form Fill uses on websites that have fields you fill out such as name, address, telephone numbers etc.?
    Thanks
    Alan

4. Hawkizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

oh its no problem.... but the programs that do this are mainly msn and safari.