Keychain Deleted All Passwords

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xb2003, Nov 13, 2016.

1. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? Earlier today keychain had all of my passwords stored that I have been keeping for I don't know how long. I just noticed that none of them are there, right after I turned keychain off on my Mac Mini. Everything was there literally an hour ago..

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

What else were you expecting?

3. xb2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

xb2003

Let me clarify. They are gone off my Mac Mini as well as my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Yes, that's right...
    (iCloud syncs your passwords, so turning off keychain in iCloud removes the passwords stored in keychain.)

5. adrianlondon macrumors 6502a

adrianlondon

How did you turn keychain "off"? Do you mean you unticked it in System Prefs/ iCloud? If so, yeah, it should just lose the iCloud keychain on your laptop only.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204085

6. xb2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

xb2003

Exactly. I'm setting up the Mac mini for automatic login so I can use it as a server and I can not have a monitor hooked up to it or anything, just Team Viewer in. I unchecked Keychain in the iCloud Preferences and POOF its gone every where. The setting is still ticked, but autofill no longer works and when I go into the Passwords section of Safari preferences there is nothing there. I have enabled and disabled keychain before on computers I temporarily did not want be able to use all of my passwords.. this surely never happened.