Keychain doesn't work as advertised?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by carlsson, Dec 3, 2013.

1. carlsson macrumors regular

carlsson

On numerous occasions I have felt that the Keychain function in Mavericks doesn't work as advertised. Now I finally have proof.

This site manages packing slips: https://po.unifaun.se

I have an account and password. They are stored in the Keychain and I can also locate them in Safari Preferences > Passwords.

But there is no way for me to get that formed autofilled!! BUT however, it suggests new password if you place the cursor in the password field. Ie, Safari understands that it actually is a password form.

This worked on this site in 10.8.

Any ideas??!

2. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Yes. Ask the developer of the website to not use obsolete elements like frames as they "damage usability and accessibility".

3. carlsson thread starter macrumors regular

carlsson

Thanks for the input! It's unfortunate that we, the customers, are supposed to help the professionals to build their websites.

However, is there by any chance that 1Password work at sites like these?

4. LV426 macrumors 6502a

A lot of people swear by 1Password. It's been around for quite a while, and it's their bread & butter, so I imagine they've built up a lot of information about 'problem websites' and how they can be addressed. I don't use it myself, but many do.

They won't get it right every time - HTML is far too fickle for that - so there are no guarantees.