keychain enables me to log into another person's account

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by whohasaquestion, Jul 31, 2017.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502a

Hey, so a couple of months ago, my bro lent me his iPhone since mine had issue. I changed the apple ID on the device so I was able to access my keychain...along with his keychain. Which means when I go to a website I can choose to log in as him since the password would be pre-filled for me (both iphone and MacBook air).

Now that the iphone has been returned to him, I wonder whether he could log in to website as me also? Is there a way to make sure only my devices are able to use the keychain or have my password pre-filled?

Should I just erase keychain and rebuild?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

As long as you turned off your iCloud account on his phone, your passwords would be removed.

3. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am afraid that we have commingled keychains that both of our Apple ID account contain passwords of each other.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you saved your passwords to his Keychain while his iCloud account was active on there, I don't see any way to unwind that short of physical access to the phone to remove them then.

5. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502a

What if I change password to websites / apps that I frequent? will the new passwords get updated on his keychain too?

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

No... since they are no longer being synced there from your iCloud account.