Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
Hi people.

Is there a way to know the list of apps which have access to keychain? A few days ago an app requested access. I click no to such requests without even bothering to know which app. But, by mistake I clicked allow. A couple of days later it asked again. And there was no app name just " is requesting access to keychain". And then I realized I haven't installed a new app in over 6 months. So possibly could be some malicious software. Now I need to find a list of software's and disable that all or a few apps.

Please help.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Open Keychain app then select your keychain and sort on the Kind column like in my screenshot. Then scroll down to the "application password" entries like in my screenshot. Those are all apps you have allowed access. You can see the date column there to that may help you narrow it down.

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 11.33.34 AM.png

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
Open Keychain app then select your keychain and sort on the Kind column like in my screenshot. Then scroll down to the "application password" entries like in my screenshot. Those are all apps you have allowed access. You can see the date column there to that may help you narrow it down.

View attachment 588663

Thanks a lot buddy. That helped. But, I think I've deleted a key by mistake. The private counterpart of

public key, RSA, 2048-bit

Know anything about it or how can I get it back?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.