KEYCHAIN in ios8 not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bushman4, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Keychain not working in iOS 8 Any suggestions?? Thanks

2. Poxer macrumors newbie

Odd. Keychain password synching is working fine for me with ios8 on iphone5, ipad 2, and a Mac running Mavericks.

3. ltb7 macrumors 6502

try signing in + out of the could area, it will work

had the same problem at first too

4. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I noticed that it doesn't fill up the login credentials until you click the box and an auto fill option appears. I remember that on ios7 the boxes would fill up automatically and the user should only had to choose login.

5. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Im having the same issue.

Ugh! Apple needs to fix this pronto.

6. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Working fine for me. Have you tried turning keychain sync off and on again?

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

There is no issue. Working fine.

Make sure you enable auto fill in Settings > Safari > Password & Aufofill

8. revolutser macrumors newbie

Safari is just filling the last used password. It is not suggesting other Accounts if u hav more than one on a page.

9. Xultar, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Thanks but It is enabled. First thing I checked. I also went through my key chain passwords. They are there ... But not being auto filled.

I also noticed new ones aren't being added.

Maybe that's just how it works now. We have to tap auto-fill ... Though that isn't auto-filling. I thought sites with remember me were supposed to keep you logged in. Works fine on my iPads with iOS 8 just not my 6 plus.

10. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Ah. I was just speaking from experience. Sometimes when I reinstalled iOS 7 or 8 and it wouldn't give me the credentials, I would have to re-enable autofill in Safari settings.

I noticed that on Yosemite it doesn't seem to 'auto' fill anymore (some sites do, some don't), but if I click in the boxes it will give me the options for that site. Same for iOS 8. However, Keychain still syncs all my credentials.

Maybe they removed the auto-populate feature. Autofill does not necessarily mean automatically fill the boxes on the site when you visit it. On sites where I chose the 'remember me' option it will keep me logged in, like this forum for example. But that is site specific.

11. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

i've noticed on my ipads that when I come to this site I'm logged in with remember me. But on my 6+ I have to relog in every time...even though I tick the Remember Me on...every time. Something isn't right.