keychain issues in os sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by plafferty, Sep 29, 2016.

1. plafferty macrumors newbie

plafferty

console log reporting an almost unremitting string of keychain calls

don't know if my imac late 2013's beach balling issues stem from this kind of processing-commitment, but it seems like a good candidate. can anyone decipher or resolve these

default 08:35:50.992265 -0500 accountsd switching to keychain-db: /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (0 1 1 1)
    default 08:35:50.992329 -0500 accountsd switching to keychain-db: /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/pclafferty.keychain-db from /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/pclafferty.keychain (0 1 1 1)
    default 08:35:50.992363 -0500 accountsd not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /Library/Keychains/System.keychain (0)
    default 08:35:51.019633 -0500 trustd 0x7fb1617501d0 free /System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain buffer 0x106755000
    default 08:35:51.404524 -0500 com.apple.iCloudHelper switching to keychain-db: /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (0 1 1 1)
    default 08:35:51.404573 -0500 com.apple.iCloudHelper switching to keychain-db: /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/pclafferty.keychain-db from /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/pclafferty.keychain (0 1 1 1)
    default 08:35:51.404600 -0500 com.apple.iCloudHelper not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /Library/Keychains/System.keychain (0)
    default 08:35:51.404726 -0500 com.apple.iCloudHelper switching to keychain-db: /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (0 1 1 1)
    default 08:35:51.404758 -0500 com.apple.iCloudHelper switching to keychain-db: /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/pclafferty.keychain-db from /Users/pclafferty/Library/Keychains/pclafferty.keychain (0 1 1 1)

2. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

I had problems with my keychain on my MBA which I upgraded to macOS last week. In the end, I ended up resetting everything which solved the problem. Meant having to re-enter lots of passwords and certificates, but relatively easily solved. No problems on my iMac that I'd been running the DP of macOS.

3. wallmaxx macrumors newbie

wallmaxx

I feel that I shouldn't 'have to reset everything' since 'everything' worked just fine before my upgrade to sierra. They broke something. JMO

4. syedzaidi.nyc macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. They broke something in the last week!

5. mikepro macrumors 6502

I'm having similar issues. (Got new retina MBP. Restored settings from Time Machine. Updated to Sierra).

Now get lots of messages in console about keychain:

not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain

from processes like trustd, helpd, Keychain Access

I disabled iCould drive and iCould Keychain sharing. That seemed to slow down some of the messages, but still getting alot.

Anyone make any progress on this? It doesn't _seem_ like this is doing anything "bad", but it must be chewing up CPU cycles.

Can I just delete everything in Keychain and start fresh?

6. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

Same here - i'm getting spinning beachball every time I try to access a saved password field in Safari. Presume this is related.

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I am having trouble with a client's iMac with the same issues.

Have you had a look in Keychain Access? (Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access)

I found 3200 copies of client's iCloud password in there, and 1500 copies of iMessage password, and several hundred copies of various apple-related passwords in there. Deleting all but 2 copies of each (keep a copy each of the public/private pairs) has helped computer speed somewhat.

Console is still going crazy though and this is just a temporary bandaid.

A poster above suggested just deleting the whole keychain and starting again. I am reluctant to do this as I don't want client to have to enter all her passwords, and she probably has no other record of many of them.