Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

DJTaurus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
When i log in in many sites safari doesnt ask (as the photo below) to save on icloud keychain (also for macrumors)....?

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.41.28 PM.png

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
When i log in in many sites safari doesnt ask (as the photo below) to save on icloud keychain (also for macrumors)....?

View attachment 445528

It might be a site that does not allow saved passwords. In Safari preferences (under Autofill I think), you can check a box that will allow these passwords to be saved, but the tradeoff is that you must install a lockscreen on your computer. I had the same issue arise when trying to log on to the American Airlines site.

I have not mastered all the details of iCloud Keychain yet. I'm hoping for a comprehensive article somewhere after the experts have had some time to play with it.

DJTaurus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
It might be a site that does not allow saved passwords. In Safari preferences (under Autofill I think), you can check a box that will allow these passwords to be saved, but the tradeoff is that you must install a lockscreen on your computer. I had the same issue arise when trying to log on to the American Airlines site.

I have not mastered all the details of iCloud Keychain yet. I'm hoping for a comprehensive article somewhere after the experts have had some time to play with it.

On my iphone (safari) those sites prompt for save on the icloud keychain....on their mobile versions... i dont know why it doesnt happen also on mac (safari).

iLeoMarc

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Replied this to another thread, but will post here also:

I too had issues with keychain and macrumors. Finally found a workaround it, not sure about other sites, but worth a try.
1. Enter User Name and Password in Macrumors Forum Login
2. Do Not Hit Log In
3. Instead Refresh Page in Safari
4. Dialog Box asks if you want to reload page, click Reload
5. Keychain dialog box should now come up

Hope this helps everyone with issues with macrumors & saving to iCloud keychain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.