Keychain Password not the same as my Account password? HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kercolan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. kercolan macrumors newbie

So to give some background...my macbook has been having a lot of issues but I have a friend who works at the genius bar who helped me to clear my harddrive and then reinstall leopard onto my computer to fix the slowness and permissions problems.
    Ever since then when I use Safari at seemingly random times I get the message asking for my keychain "login" password. No password works but if I click cancel it pops up again and if I click cancel again it goes away.
    So now the current issue started when a few nights ago I took my iPhone out and it was showing the "Connect to Itunes" screen and wouldn't allow me to do anything else. I had just used it a few minutes beforehand and it was fine and had 70-ish% battery. I shut off the phone and turned it on again and I got a message saying something along the lines of "You currently can not receive or send calls" and my battery was drained to 32%. Minutes after this it powered down and said it was out of battery. I charged it up and it was working fine again except no app would open at all ever (messages, phone, safari all worked fine). I didnt have time to deal with it so I left it this way for 2 days until yesterday I went to restore it on my Macbook. I backed up my settings and pictures and all and then I updated the software to see if that fixed it first but when I was updating all the apps they all stayed locked on "Waiting" so I decided to restore it. However when I tried to restore from backup it asked me for a password for my backup file (I have never once set a password for this). None of my passwords I have ever in my life made worked. So I was attempting to get around this thru keychain however keychain asks me for a keychain password (another password I have never set) and it is not my account password or any other password I use. It is also locked. My settings even are set to "Synchronize login keychain password with account", "Set login keychain as default," and "Keep login keychain Unlocked." So, now I have none of my numbers or anything and some mysterious unknown keychain password.

How do I get around this keychain password issue? Can I restore my iPhone back to its previous settings?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

3. kercolan thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it. It tells me to repair it and when I try to repair it it asks for the password...so I cant.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Quit everything and go to

~/library/preferences/

and move the com.apple.keychainaccess.plist to the desktop and see if the problem remains.

5. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I have the same problem but with my imac. Can someone help me? I went into Keychain and changed the password now I am having more problems than what I started with. :(

Thank you in advance.