Keychain Password

saga

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2006
what's up with this. I keep getting the keychain password prompt, but I don't ever remember setting up a keychain password. What should I do. Is this something that is necessary, or should I just disregard it. And if I do disregard, how do I stop this prompt from coming up?
Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What app are you using and when do you get the prompt? Keychain is just an app in OSX that stores all your passwords for other parts of the system. I use it for convenience, but you don't have to. :)

saga

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2006
mad jew said:
What app are you using and when do you get the prompt? Keychain is just an app in OSX that stores all your passwords for other parts of the system. I use it for convenience, but you don't have to. :)

It comes up when I am using safari, though I have seen it a few other times, just can't remember where, and when. How do I go about either using it, or getting rid of it?

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
saga said:
It comes up when I am using safari, though I have seen it a few other times, just can't remember where, and when. How do I go about either using it, or getting rid of it?
I believe if you go into Keychain Preferences>First Aid and click the "Change login keychain settings" it'll stop asking you for the password.

Attachments

saga

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2006
I believe if you go into Keychain Preferences>First Aid and click the "Change login keychain settings" it'll stop asking you for the password.
Unfortunately this did not work. Any other suggestions.