keychain question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by andiwm2003, Jun 5, 2007.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i just logged into my companies wifi with my mac osx 10.4. keychain access asked me if i want a new keychain for the password. i said yes and it created a keychain item in the "system" keychain.

now my login password is not accepted in this keychain to open the item so that i can see the password.

what is the password for the "system" keychain? is there another password (root or so)? all other passwords i can see with my login password. just not the items in "system"

thanks for the help.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Are you an "admin" user?

Because maybe you're talking about editing the X509Anchors file in /System/Library/Keychains.
    Some WIFI connections give you a certificate that needs to be downloaded, and added to the X509Anchors keychain for system wide access. You need to be an "admin" user to be able to do that.

3. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i'm always admin on my mac. i don't think it's a anchor or something like this. i don't know too much about this stuff. but i log into the network much like i log into my bank account via internet. so i thought i get a normal keychain item. but everything in my system keychain requires a different password than my login. i can open the system keychain with my login password. just not the items in there. and i typed the password for the company network myself.