Keychain will not save "Mail" passwords

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GimmeSlack12, Mar 25, 2009.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What is going on here? My Mail program prompts me for all 3 of my email addresses whenever I start the program. I hit the "Save in Keychain" button everytime, and yet every morning there is the prompt again for my passwords. I don't have time to figure out what small anomaly is happening here. Please someone lend me a hand.

2. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Are they POP accounts?

Do you also have an iPhone checking the same email accounts?

3. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

They are both POP and no iPhone. My BBerry checks one of the Gmail's but this problem has strictly begun occurring after I had my HDD replaced by Apple and I did a restore from my Time Machine backup. Prior to that, there was Zero problems. So I imagine it's just some setting is messed up. Guess I'll give my permissions a reset though I'm skeptical that will do anything.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I had this problem some time ago. Open keychain access and find your email accounts and delete them. Then save them again when mail.app asks.

5. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You know, I had had that epiphany a day or two ago but never executed on it when I got off work. Either way that nailed it. Thanks.

6. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

The reason why I asked is because I had a similar issue. I eventually narrowed down that it was only my POP accounts being effected. Then, I researched and discovered that some people thought that it had to do with a mobile device checking the POP account at too close of an interval as the desktop email client. So, I was wondering if we were having the same issue.

Anyway, glad to hear you sorted your problem with the email accounts.

FYI - GMail has IMAP capability, which in my opinion, is better than POP. Have you tried it out?