Keychaing password incorrect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BIG Yack, May 19, 2009.

1. BIG Yack macrumors newbie

Hello,

it is my first post here, on Mac Rumors. And it is my first mac, a Mac Pro (renectly updated to OS X 10.5.7). I thought the whole thing would be suitable for the Basic and Help category.

Let me explain by telling you this semi-long story. I just bought a Mac, unpacked it and plugged it in. It was all shining over the room - a voice from the introduction video reminded me we are steal on Planet Earth.... in the Frist Startup Assistant, I selected the Slovenian (QWERTY) keyboard layout (because I live there) and set a passsword wich included Zs in it. To get a QWERTZ-layout I installed an add-on, Slovenski paket, manufactured by a local MUG. Because, at restart, my system wouldn t let me in, I took the Mac OA X Installation DVD and used the Reset password utility.
    The password was resetted... it all worked fine until I launched Safari. It welcomed me with a message, seen in the image attached. I tried to enter my new password and it was incorrect. I also tried to enter the old one, with no luck.

What is happening? Is reinstalling OS X from the DVD mentioned above (since the computer is new and has nothing important on it) a solution?

Please help.

Thanks,
    BIG_Yack

Attached Files:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

When you change the computer's administrator password from the restore disc, it does not change your Keychain password automatically. See here for the detailed explanation and solution.