Keynote '06 exported as QuickTime or to iDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KJdanReuben, Oct 15, 2007.

1. KJdanReuben macrumors regular

Is there any way to burn a Keynote presentation, whether it be on CD or DVD, and keep the timing that I set for the slides the same? I tried exporting as a QuickTime, but the timing was all off. Also, when I send to iDVD, it won't let me leave the timing the same that I set it. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks for all your help!

2. aestheticslave macrumors newbie

aestheticslave

Keynote to Quicktime timing

I am having the same issue. I have a slideshow with an audio track in Keynote 08 and it plays perfecting within the app. Then when I export to Quicktime using the Fixed Timing setting, it still wants Duration and Build times which seem to be screwing eveything up. Help?

3. KJdanReuben thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I didn't read this earlier. But, I might have found a solution. I asked some workers at an Apple store and none of them knew of a way to export the exact same way as it is made. One guy did give me the name of some software that might do the trick. It is Snaps Pro I think. Google it and it should come up. What it does is it captures the image or images on your screen. He said to download the trial, start the program running, and then start the slideshowin full screen. He said it will record as a QuickTime. It is also supposed to do audio as well. I haven't gotten to try this, but I will post when I do. If you happen to go this route and do it before I post, please post your results. Thanks!

4. cpandar macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. Snapz Pro did the trick for me. Sad that Keynote messes up the timings on the quicktime export, but at least they are correct when you view the slideshow, so Snapz Pro worked perfectly. Thanks again.